Sports Content Strategy Podcast
Over the last few years, major clubs have spent millions of dollars on getting the right message to the right person at the right time on the right platform. But what if money is tight, you don’t have the scale, and those who run the club would rather put their resources elsewhere? Bas Schnater is an international fan engagement consultant. He has left Dutch football team AZ Alkmaar after two years running the marketing department. He built a CRM ecosystem from the bottom up. Appointing a partner, dealing with internal stakeholders and the changes they must accept, managing the messaging, commercialisation v content. There is a lot to consider but the improvements can be significant. Bas takes us through some of the lessons he learnt.
- Moving from academia to the practical side of football
- How they started their CRM system
- Where the data was stored in the early days?
- Connecting established and disparate databases
- What conversations did you need to have internally